Emergency Dentistry in Odessa, TX
A dental emergency can happen to anyone and trying to figure out the best course of action at the moment can feel overwhelming. If you are experiencing sudden or chronic pain in your teeth or gums, we encourage you to contact Dr. Char, our emergency dentist in Odessa as soon as possible. We will schedule an appointment for you right away and provide advice that can reduce your pain and decrease your risk for needing complex treatment.
Parks Legado Dentistry offers emergency dental services to children and adults in Odessa, Midland, and the surrounding communities. Dr. Char is here to help resolve your dental problem and restore proper function and health to your smile.
We offer additional office hours for emergencies, so If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us today.
CONTACT US TODAY
What are Emergency Dentistry Services?
Urgent dental services start with a same-day appointment whenever possible. It’s important for us to diagnose the problem, care for your pain, and create a treatment plan to restore oral health. Dr. Char and his team provide gentle care to help relax you during your visit.
The following dental problems will often require immediate care:
- Broken, fractured, or lost tooth
- Broken or lost restoration
- Abscess or infected tooth
- Severe tooth or gum pain
Any issue that needs immediate treatment to stop pain or bleeding, or save a tooth is considered a dental emergency. Any kind of severe infection is important to catch early, so the first stage of a root canal can be performed, or you can be referred to a specialist. The loss of old restorations can also become an emergent condition if the material has any toxic elements that are being released you’re your circulatory system. Whether you broke your tooth while eating, had an accident on the playground or while playing sports, contact our team as soon as possible for information on how to manage your specific dental emergency.
Emergency Dental Solutions
Once we have your pain under control, it’s important for Dr. Char to evaluate your mouth with an exam. He will pinpoint the problem and a treatment plan is quickly developed to restore function. Depending on the severity of the problem, your treatment plan may consist of one or more procedures.
- Crowns: If you have a tooth that is severely cracked, fractured, or broken, a crown is most often used to protect the undamaged portion of the tooth and restore your bite.
- Root Canal Treatment: If your tooth is infected, we will perform root canal treatment to remove the damaged portion of your tooth and cap it with a crown to protect the remaining portion and restore your bite. Preserving your tooth root will keep your jawbone strong and healthy and help maintain a youthful facial structure.
- Fillings: If you have a cavity, we will remove the decay and repair the tooth with a natural-colored filling. A filling can stop the decay from spreading and preserve the integrity of your tooth structure.
- Extractions: If we cannot save your tooth, we will safely remove it and discuss tooth replacement options such as a bridge, denture, and dental implant-supported restorations. A professional evaluation is important to determine if extraction is the best option for you and how quickly it needs to be done.
Contact Our Emergency Dentist in Odessa
Dental emergencies can be averted by visiting our office for routine check-ups and cleanings. Keeping your mouth healthy and free of decay, along with wearing a mouth guard during sports activities, will all help you reduce your risk for a dental emergency if you live in the Odessa or Midland area, contact Parks Legado Dentistry for more information about how to treat and avoid dental emergencies.
CONTACT US TODAY